Socks and Sandals: Yay or Nay?

While using Twitter, I've noticed the extreme dislike toward wearing socks with your sandals. I'll do the occasional Twitter search of "socks," and 9 out of 10 times, one of the top tweets for that keyword will be a sandal and sock-related tweet.

Based off of Twitter, I would make the assumption no one ever sports the sock and sandal look. However, my eyes have witnessed plenty of people wearing socks with their sandals before.

I can understand why some people would do it - I've done it. After my races at track meets I would usually toss off my running shoes and slip on some sandals, while keeping my socks on. As most runners can probably relate, my feet at the time weren't the greatest sight for someone's eyes - all beat down and full of blisters. Plus, the socks always added extra comfort. It was actually a no-brainer decision. In fact, socks and sandals were a pretty common sight at the track.

I can also understand why this look would seem silly. For example, wearing socks with sandals at the beach seems like something there's no point to.

So this got me thinking: Are people wearing socks with sandals to provide more comfort?

For me, comfort was always an issue when it came to sandals. Sandals are highly convenient - you can just slip them on during those warm summer days, and they help keep your feet cooler.

I was always a quality-sandal offender. What I mean by this is I'd just spring for whatever was the cheapest when dealing with sandal purchasing. Dollar Store sandals? Sure, why not - they're just sandals.

The problem with this is it's hazardous to your feet. Sandals don't offer nearly as much comfort, cushion, and protection as regular shoes - which is why some people may throw on some socks with their sandals in the first place.

Luckily for you there are some higher quality sandals out there with good prices, allowing you to ditch the socks. For example, Spenco manufactures some great sandals.

Plenty of the Spenco sandals come armed with shock absorption and advanced support for your arch and heel. Take the Fusion Slide Sandal - It'll even prevent over pronation while promoting stability!

You'll find not only are Spenco sandals comfortable but they'll even help keep your feet healthier. We won't judge you if you choose to wear socks with sandals, but if you're looking for a way to ditch the socks with sandals look, then Spenco sandals would be a great option.

You can find plenty of the Spenco sandals at http://AlevaFootCare.com.

Do you wear socks with sandals? Let us know why!


View the original article here